Amanda

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wow - it's been a while, huh?

Wow, it's been a while, huh? A lot has been going on. Matthew had a Cub Scout Meeting on Tuesday - which lasted longer than I had planned. This month's theme is "To the Rescue". At their Den Meeting, the boys made footprints with their shoes in some sand and then filled it in with a cement like substance. They also used ink and put their fingerprints in their handbooks. These things will be taken to the Police Station at their next Den Meeting. Matthew also has a car wash fundraiser event that he will be selling tickets for (which should have been tonight), but it was cancelled due to inclement weather. The car was was postponed from this weekend to November 12. Anyone wishing to support his Cub Scout Pack by making a donation for a car wash voucher, please feel free to contact him. The car wash event will be taking place at Grace Lutheran Church in Miami Springs from 09:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Because the theme this month is "To the Rescue", we will have some very special guests at the next Pack Meeting. The Dade County Venom Team will be in attendance. The boys don't know this yet - but will be very surprised when they arrive. The boys will also learn basic first aid. On October 29th, the Pack will be getting together for an activity in the Redlands. They will be learning about horses and how to care for them. They will be going horseback riding, grooming, feeding, and cleaning up after the horses. On December 2, 3, and 4 the Pack is going camping. Matthew's never been camping before - but is very excited about all of the upcoming events.

In other news: My transfer request from Telemetry was granted. Thank goodness! I put in a request to transfer to a hospital closer to the house... but I was transfered to our Mother/Baby Unit instead. The hospital I am currently at is a little short staffed in the Mother/Baby Unit because one of our employees needed surgery. So I agreed to fill in for a little while. If it becomes permanent - I don't think I'd mind. I really like it there. And, another bonus - it will keep me busy. I will be floating from Mother/Baby, to the NICU, to Labor and Delivery, to Pediatrics.

As I mentioned earlier, we are in the midst of inclement weather. Most of you are aware, a category 4/5 hurricane is comming our way. I think I will shut down my system on Friday night, maybe Saturday... depending on how things look. As for now, we need to get going - have to get batteries, new flashlights, and what-not.

I hope to touch base with everyone again soon. Moreover, I hope our power doesn't go out for a week like it did with hurricane Katrina. Thinking about it though... Katrina was a category 1. If Wilma is as bad as the news crews say she is.... (sigh)... - I'd rather not finish that statement.

Signing off for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 21 October, 2005 13:34, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Well it's great to hear from you again! It has been awhile, but I know how that goes; sometimes it will be a week before I write anything, and then I have to leave a really long message! Anyway, it was great to hear about what's going on lately.

    As for the hurricane, we are all praying that this one won't be as bad as they say. Geez, there have been a lot this year! As always, the people of Florida will be affected, but we'll have to pray it will be very minimal.

    Well, I hope Miami is spared this time, and I'll be praying that the storm will weaken or something. Talk to you later, and stay safe.

    Sean

     

Post a Comment

<< Home