Amanda

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Going to be a short one...

Hurricane Wilma is set to be a category 2 or 3 by the time it hits Florida. Thank God it won't be a cat. 4/5 like originally planned. We are going to get the strong side of the storm (the wind); as opposed to the North side (the rain). I have to work tonight (how fortunate for me - to have to work during the last two hurricanes). It's been noted that if you so chose to call in 'sick' or 'not able to make it', you will be terminated. I'm sure there is a law about that somewhere... however, Florida is a no-fault state and they can release you of your duties without reason. Oh well. Just like Hurricane Katrina - I will drive carefully and do my best to get there without difficulty.

I'm going to be extremely busy at work tonight - they open the maternity center as a shelter for pregnancies greater than 37 weeks. We anticipate an above average number of babies will be born tonight/tomorrow. So in the event you happen to read this and have a need to call me, please leave a voice mail for me and I will check it once I get a moment (if I get a moment). Feel free to use the instant message/text message feature if an urgent message is necessary. Please only use this feature for tonight only.

I need to power down now... sky is getting dark - and winds are picking up. Tornadoes are expected tonight between Miami and Palm Beach. From what I'm listening to on the radio - this is going to be a douzie... um... a double douzie.

Will post pictures when its all over with.

** Amanda **

3 Comments:

  • At 24 October, 2005 08:47, Blogger paulette said…

    Even tho I'm no longer in the work force, I'm glad to be from a state that can't "release you from your duties with no reason".

    Can you tell that I am strongly pro union?

     
  • At 24 October, 2005 11:14, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Well, I've been trying to watch all the info about this hurricane, and it seems to be gaining strength. Hopefully Miami will be spared this time, since I know that area has been ravaged several times recently. I will be praying for you and everyone in Florida, since it seems it will affect most of the state in one way or another.

    Oh, and I agree with Aunt Paulette about that whole "fire at will" thing you discussed. I really don't like that, since I think Tennessee has something similar to that. But, I had no reason to really be fired, so I never experienced that. I'm sure there's no reason to fire you; I'll bet you do a great job over there!

    Well, stay safe and we'll all be thinking of you.

    Sean

     
  • At 14 November, 2005 19:49, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Hey! Where'd you go? Is everything all right? We haven't heard from you in almost a month and were beginning to worry. Please put up another post if you have the time and let us know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home