Amanda

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Thought I'd say a quick hello and wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

For the first time, I made Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. It was my first time doing it from start to finish... all by myself (well - I had a little help from Matthew).

We got up around 09:00 and started with the turkey (even before breakfast). Matthew's job was to rub the turkey with butter/oil, take the bag out of the center, and assist with the cutting of the mashed potatoes.

I, on the other hand, had everything else to do. Turkey went in the oven at 09:30. I started out using the butter and oil recommended by the Butterball Company. But then decided to throw in my own ingredients. (LOL) - you could only imagine, right? It wasn't that bad... I used a Wish Bone salad dressing: Southern Country Italian to baste the turkey. It made the turkey happy. However, no matter what I did to this turkey, I couldn't get it to brown - like in the commercials. I wanted a really crispy skin. It was a task I just couldn't seem to accomplish. On the other hand, when I went to 'carve' the turkey, we then realized that there was more than one bag of turkey parts in the center of the bird. Needless to say we were grossed out and laughing at the same time. The meat was tender - fell right off the bone. I don't know if that was due to the fact that it was a Butterball, or if it was due to the salad dressing I used, or because we left turkey parts in the center. Whatever the reason - it was a very tasty bird. Matthew complained that the mashed potatoes were too 'soft'. How it's possible for mashed potatoes to be too 'soft', I'll never know.

All in all - it was a good afternoon. Our Christmas tree is already up and decorated - we will do the outside lights over the weekend. I have to work tonight and tomorrow.... so I'd better get going.

We wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.
* Amanda & Matthew *

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home