Amanda

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What I Found...

Two days ago, I came home to find Matthew in the bathroom with the door closed. This was no surprise as I find him in the same assumed position every other day. So I call out "How long are you going to be in there?"
He replies "I don't know".
"Well, how long do you think you will be in there?"
"I don't know."
"Why don't you know?"
"Because I don't, why don't you come in?"
"Did you light a candle or strike a match?" (laughing at this point)
"No, just come in."

Hesitant, I opened the door. And this is what I found:


He had decided to change the toilet seat all on his own. He took out all 10 screws out. When I told him that he should have just taken apart the two plastic ones, he gave up. LOL

4 Comments:

  • At 13 June, 2007 16:50, Blogger cheryl said…

    Ok, so now we can call him Mattfixer. Good for him, at 10 years old, he is doing his share to help out. Way to go Matthew !

     
  • At 13 June, 2007 18:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm confused, ten screws around a toilet?

     
  • At 14 June, 2007 00:52, Blogger marty said…

    I would guess that it is the screws that hold the hinge to the seat and cover. It is best to try things, it's the best learning tool we have.

     
  • At 14 June, 2007 09:11, Blogger Amanda said…

    Marty is right, the ten screws were the hinge screws. I told him not to drop them in the toilet because he would have to stick his hand in and get them out. He rebutted with "That's okay, I haven't dropped them in yet; but I did drop your screw driver in."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home