Amanda

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's quickly coming to an end...

My friend's wedding plans are coming to gether very nicely. I'm still not impressed with her color scheme... latte and ivory (for a February wedding?!?!) The dresses for the bridal party are designed beautifully. It is very elegant... and well... I paid an arm and a leg for it. I was just hoping to be able to wear it more than once. I'm half tempted to wear it to the movies, the beach... Pizza Hut (just because I'd like to get my money's worth) - and though it just might be hillarious if I did.... it would be tacky at the same time.

The 'pre-bridal event' is coming along just nicely. An ex-co worker of the bride somehow got ideas that there were going to be male dancers at this gathering. I don't know... to me, having that type of entertainment is just low class. In a way, I wanted to exclude this particular person because of this (and a few other ideas) that she had. And even though a 'cat-fight' might be a little interesting, I'm not going to pay it any attention. I feel that everyone should be able to have a great time together, but in a comfortable setting.

I wanted to at least get in a good pedicure before the wedding... so - I found a spa that can tend to the bridal party (just the girls) at the same time. It took a lot of searching because I don't live in Daytona Beach - I had to start by searching on the internet, and then making a lot of phone calls. We will spend a half day at the spa with facials, manicures, pedicures, and massage just the four of us.

Knowing that I still should include some of Stephanie's (the bride) other friends, I figured to set up reservations at her favorite restaurant: Ocean Deck. That way, everyone can enjoy each other's company in a comfortable setting. This couldn't have worked out any better. Everyone will be included, I won't go broke, and its all in casual setting.

Sometimes its the great ideas that come to you at the last moment.

Sigh of relief.... we leave on Friday night for Daytona Beach. I hope everything works out as planned.

3 Comments:

  • At 17 January, 2006 18:47, Blogger Sean M. said…

    Hey there stranger! Long time no blog! hahaha... Well it sounds like everything is coming together well, despite the distance and those problem-people. I'm all for you wearing your dress to Pizza Hut; why not look glamorous all the time and upstage everyone in the place?!

    Anyways, I hope this message finds you and Matthew well. Oh, and check out my blog, because I've updated three times this past week, and there are some good pictures on there. Talk to you later, and have a great week!

     
  • At 20 January, 2006 21:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amanda, it just gets worse as the wedding is unvieled. It is a drain on your finances, energy, and time. Now that I know it is Datona Beach (a long away from Miami)I can only say, "how can a friend ask someone to do such a thing?" Nevertheless, you are stuck and might as well make the most of it. Enjoy the experience as much as possible.

     
  • At 21 January, 2006 11:25, Blogger EZ Travel said…

    What on earth color is "latte?" Is it produced by Starbucks or Martha Stewart?

    Anyway, it sounds like it is all coming together nicely. Good call on the "dancers" even in my younger years I don't think I would have enjoyed that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home