Amanda

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I'm starting to miss this...

I don't know why it seems so difficult for me to find the time to come and visit this part of the internet. I kind of miss coming here to complain about life's little annoyances. LOL. It's not like I'm too busy at work lately (since last week I was cancelled more times than not). This past week, I was only able to work 16 of a normal 36-40 hour week. There is a trend that I have been noticing from past weeks: cancellations are becoming more frequent. Needless to say, I'm looking for another job. Even though the need will eventually arise where they will actually require overtime, it just hasn't been working out in the past month, and chances are, things will stay this way until March. The holidays are coming, and I'd rather not use my vacation pay because I'm forced to substitute it for cancellation days.

More bad news, looks like my much needed vacation will need to be postponed yet again. This would be due to the lack of vacation time I have left due to these cancellations. What has the world come to - when you are actually forced to use your vacation time? Sigh...


Time for happy news now.... A friend of mine is graduating from college, and his girlfriend is having her birthday... a bunch of friends of mine are throwing them simultaneous parties. It just might be the first ever Birthday/Graduation bash. I'm happy for both of them.

More good news: one of my best friends (a girl I grew up with) is getting married in February. I am the maid-of-honor. Which is exciting - I've never been the maid-of-honor. She lives in a city outside of Orlando (four and a half hours away), and I am planning to throw her a Bridal Shower/Bachelorette Party. Only problem I'm running into is where to have it. I don't know too much about the area she lives in... and chances are it will be kind of cold outside. I've never been maid-of-honor before. I'm not too sure exactly what to do or expect either. So many questions... and not enough answers. For example: I plan to have a nice get together, nothing nasty like a strip club... so if we have it at a restaurant, would I be expected to be financially responsible for everyone's meal along with decorations, party favors, and whatnot? I'm sure it wouldn't be right to have Matthew included in this, but as a single parent, driving so far to do this, what would I be expected to do with him?? He certainly can't stay in a hotel room alone.

LOL - I feel the anxiety building and it isn't even my wedding. I'm just going to take it one thing at a time... but - if anyone has any suggestions - please post any and all ideas.

Anyway - I hope you all had a great weekend, and I hope the week ahead brings much joy and happiness to you.

Amanda

1 Comments:

  • At 19 December, 2005 23:36, Blogger Tim B. said…

    Do you really want suggestions?

    Mine is to bow out as gracefully as possible. Why bring all that stress into your life? The logistics are not favorable. She should be able to find a maid of honor that is nearby. Offer to be a bridesmaid instead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home